Facial animation

Moderator: fairy

Facial animation

PostPosted by doms3d » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:46 pm

Hi everyone, new in this forum.
I'm moving first steps with akeytsu and I'm wondering how to animate facial expressions.
In Maya I use 'Set Driven Keys' to move facial bones. Is there something similar?

Thanks
doms3d

Re: Facial animation

PostPosted by Aurélien - nukeygara » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi doms3d,

Welcome ;-)
There are not at the moment such features as driven keys in akeytsu. The easier way to proceed currently to make facial animation would to make your facial posings and store them as keys in a dedicated animation. And then grab from there your posings and copy paste them in your current animation.
Anyways, we will improve it in the future, it is planned. It is just that facial animation was not a priority for the first version of akeytsu targeting Indies market (so not complicated faces).
We prefered focus on IK/FK, our light rig system, stackers,.. and all the things that already makes akeytsu very different from other packages (and very affordable!).
Thanks for your understanding ;-)
Do not hesitate if you have other questions.

Thanks
Cheers,
Aurelien
Aurélien Charrier
-nukeygara-
Aurélien - nukeygara

Re: Facial animation

PostPosted by doms3d » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:07 pm

Thanks for your answer, I know the software is in an early stage and I'm happy you're are working on the core features (IK/FK) in a so innovative and animator-friendly way ;)

I thought to use an animation layer dedicated to facial poses , so I wasn't too far from the right method :)
doms3d

Return to akeytsu - Misc