[SOLVED] Multiple mesh one skeleton binding problem

Moderator: fairy

[SOLVED] Multiple mesh one skeleton binding problem

PostPosted by navy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:57 am

Hi!
First of all - thank you for this software - I am animation noob so it is really pleasent working in Akeytsu.

I have tiny problem, maybe it is my lack of knowlege but I have parenting issue. My fbx is made by few meshes - body, claws, teeth, etc. I want my one skeleton effect all my body and have addicional skeleton for tounge, but tounge must be effected by body skeleton as well. When I am moving joints binded to the body, e.g. claws are lefted untouched. So. How can I assign one skeleton to all meshes? Or maybe I shoud do something in my hierarchy? My tree looks like this:

And here screenshots what is happening:
before: Image
after:Image

And when I select my joints and "all" label - "bind skin" is greyed because I must select typicly mesh.

Could you please tell me what am I doing wrong?
If this question is too noobish, I am deeply sorry.

Have nice and shiny day!
navy

Re: Multiple mesh one skeleton binding problem

PostPosted by Aurélien - nukeygara » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:20 pm

Hi Navy!

Welcome and many thanks for your support ;-)
Well, if you really want to keep some meshes (i mean rigid unskinned objects) you have to parent them under your skeleton and not under your skinned meshes as it seems to be the case here.
I think the claws don't move because Claws mesh is parented under skin body (skinned mesh) instead of the last joint of your leg.
The other solution would be to skin all the meshes and give full weights (weight=1=rigid) to claws, teeth, etc. vertices. It can be the most simple solution. To do this, you select all the joints you want affect, all the meshes (or skin meshes) you want to bind and click on Bind Skin (please keep in mind to be in bind pose at the moment you bind your skinning or you will create another bind pose).
When you do this, your "Bind Skin" button should not be greyed.

Cheers,
Aurelien
Aurélien Charrier
-nukeygara-
Aurélien - nukeygara

PostPosted by navy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:46 pm

Hi!
I did what you said and it worked- thanks a lot!

Cheers!
navy

PostPosted by Aurélien - nukeygara » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:54 pm

Hi Navy,

You're welcome ;-)

Cheers,
Aurelien
Aurélien Charrier
-nukeygara-
Aurélien - nukeygara

Return to akeytsu - Misc