Tree and Picker panel adjustable width

Use this forum to consult/request akeytsu features

Moderator: fairy

Tree and Picker panel adjustable width

PostPosted by rampa » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:31 am

Thank you for this really cool software. I'll be buying a license soon, for sure!

Anyway, some rigs I use have really long bone names that are very similar. I think it would really help for the Tree and Picker panel that list bone names, to have an adjustable width. I would like to be able to widen the window to see longer names without having to scroll.

Also, maybe some kind of divider with a title that can be inserted into lists of bones in the picker. That would help for sorting.
rampa

Re: Tree and Picker panel adjustable width

PostPosted by Aurélien - nukeygara » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:59 am

Hi Rampa,

Welcome and happy to know you enjoy akeytsu. Many thanks ;-)

Well, yes, the locked width of our windows is a strength of our design (providing compact windows meaning more workspace area) however it is true it can be a problem concerning the tree (a bit less concerning the picker as you have nevertheless about 22 visible characters, but if the twenty first ones are the same as in your case, it can be complicated of course... ;-)).
The tree locked width problem is something known. We plan to improve it one way or another in the future. It's in our list.
We will consider your request about picker divider.
However please keep in mind we have lots of requests and for the moment, as the dev team is till tiny, we have to make priorities (currently skin paint/debug/steam release).
Please be sure we do our best. We really do ;-)

Thanks again for your support
Cheers
Aurelien
Aurélien Charrier
-nukeygara-
Aurélien - nukeygara

PostPosted by rampa » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:45 pm

I find it quite usable as it is. Those are just some ideas I had. I mostly noticed in the Tree, because of the hierarchy.

Also, I do like the clean interface.
rampa

PostPosted by Aurélien - nukeygara » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:58 am

Hi Rampa,

Please continue to share your ideas because that is what we want.
Cheers,
Aurelien
Aurélien Charrier
-nukeygara-
Aurélien - nukeygara

PostPosted by AlvinMiller » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:34 pm

Please fix this soon. I find it the most annoying thing in Akeytsu and for it not to be fixed for such a long time is just frustrating. Sorry.

I think a very simple fix for now would be a button(s) in the Tree top border that would allow to 2x(3x) the space of the window horizontally and when finished un-click it and it is back to normal.

Thanks for the great software.
-A
AlvinMiller

PostPosted by Aurélien - nukeygara » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi Alvin,
The locked width of the Tree is a (very) well known "frustration" and we absolutely planned to do something.
The thing is that, even it can seem strange, it is not so simple or quick to fix it. We will work on it as soon as possible.
For information, skinning copy and paste are the next features in the roadmap. We made the choice to bring some missing tools before starting an improvement pass on existing ones.
But we will see if we can make it raise a bit into priorities (i can not make promise).
Thanks for your understanding.

Many thanks for your ending remark ;-)
Excellent summer,
Aurelien
Aurélien Charrier
-nukeygara-
Aurélien - nukeygara

PostPosted by AlvinMiller » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:04 pm

Any news on this?
Thank you.
-AM