numeric values of bones

Use this forum to consult/request akeytsu features

Moderator: fairy

numeric values of bones

PostPosted by ziggie » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:38 am

Hi again guys !

I've noticed that there's no simple way ( or maybe there is but I can't find it ) to manually adjust numeric values of any created object within my scene. Lets say for example I have one additional bone and I want to turn it into my root bone that would control my character. I've created my bone somewhere in the world, usually not in the center of the world, and now I'd like to manually zero it down so that my created bone lies in the world center, but all I can see in the transform tab is the first, or ' initial '' values of the bone as already zeroed out values, but that is not very helpful if you want to zero it to the world's values. Is there a way to do this within Akeytsu at this moment, and if not would you consider adding it to the Akeytsu since it's such a basic and useful thing and that's what Akeytsu is all about :)

Thank you for listening as always, all best
Ziggs
ziggie

Re: numeric values of bones

PostPosted by Cédric - nukeygara » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi Ziggie,
Pre Skinning:
- Joint positions are expressed in Local (relatively to their parent). It would be more useful to express World positions => We'll do that in a future Akeytsu update
Post Skinning:
- In Bind Pose, joint positions are expressed in World
- In Check Pose, joint positions are expressed in Local, relatively to BindPose

=>
If your case is post Skinning, you should enter BindPose (via Character Bank) to access World positions
If your case is pre Skinning, our advice (waiting for Akeytsu to expose World positions) is to bind your skeleton, then enter BindPose to access World positions

Does it help you ?
Regards,
Cedric
Cédric - nukeygara
Site Admin

PostPosted by ziggie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:55 pm

Cédric - nukeygara wrote:Hi Ziggie,
Pre Skinning:
- Joint positions are expressed in Local (relatively to their parent). It would be more useful to express World positions => We'll do that in a future Akeytsu update
Post Skinning:

=>
If your case is post Skinning, you should enter BindPose (via Character Bank) to access World positions
If your case is pre Skinning, our advice (waiting for Akeytsu to expose World positions) is to bind your skeleton, then enter BindPose to access World positions

Does it help you ?
Regards,
Cedric

Hi Cedric, thank you for your reply,

I'll set up my testing scene and I'll let you know as soon as I can, I'm a bit short with time today :)
All best
Ziggs
ziggie

PostPosted by ziggie » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:43 am

Cédric - nukeygara wrote:Hi Ziggie,
Pre Skinning:
Post Skinning:

=>

Does it help you ?
Regards,
Cedric

Hi again Cedric,

So, I've tested out the scene and now it makes a bit more sense, I'll wait for the update. Thank you for your reply
ziggie

Return to akeytsu - Feature requests