Zero-out rotation channel on bones ?

Moderator: fairy

Zero-out rotation channel on bones ?

PostPosted by ziggie » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi guys !

I was wondering is there a way to ZERO-out the rotation values on my bones prior to skinning so that when I import my character into MBuilder required characterization is possible, unfortunately now due to rotation values on bones MBuilder throws some weird arse errors on me :(
p.s. also I was wondering what is the shortcut key for setting up a keyframe on desired time ? ( if it exists )
Thank you for your help
Ziggs
ziggie

Re: Zero-out rotation channel on bones ?

PostPosted by Aurélien - nukeygara » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:39 am

Hi Ziggie,

You mean a kind of Freeze Transform on your skeleton ? It sounds like risky operation to me.
Could you give us more details please ?

No shortcut key for keyframing in the current version.
But the new update will arrive soon with the Shortcut manager.

Cheers,
Aurelien
Aurélien Charrier
-nukeygara-
Aurélien - nukeygara

Re: Zero-out rotation channel on bones ?

PostPosted by ziggie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:51 pm

Aurélien - nukeygara wrote:Hi Ziggie,

You mean a kind of Freeze Transform on your skeleton ? It sounds like risky operation to me.
Could you give us more details please ?

No shortcut key for keyframing in the current version.
But the new update will arrive soon with the Shortcut manager.

Cheers,
Aurelien

Hi Aurelien,

Thank you for your reply. Regarding the '' zero - out '' solution, yes, in a way it is a '' freeze transformation like in Maya or Max, used mostly to eliminate '' rotation '' on the bones ( joints )since most people don't care that much about translations but rotation values on bones is something you don't want while working on your rig.
However, I have just recently learned something new about this issue, about the '' pre-rotation '' solving which Maya uses to '' fake '' the solution ( creates more problems in my opinion ), or Max's freeze trans.rot.option which is even worse then Maya's..so, yea, there is no '' real '' zero in 3D world therefore there is no way to '' zero '' out the rotation values and they are here to stay, so I'll just have to learn to live with it :)

Cheers man, eagerly awaiting new update, hope it's gonna be awesome !
Ziggs
ziggie

Return to akeytsu - Misc