Intel GPU support?

Use this forum to consult/request akeytsu features

Moderator: fairy

Intel GPU support?

PostPosted by Trent » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:31 pm

I asked this on twitter and got a nicely concise answer but was told to ask it again here for a detailed response so here it goes!

Will Intel GPUs be supported at some point in the future? It's not a deal beaking feature if it's not, I can understand it's not a high priority issue, but I occasionally work from my Surface Pro when I'm not at my desktop so it would be great to be able to use Akeytsu on it.

I'd also just like to say what an awesome piece of software this is! It's so quick and easy to rig and animate with it, Akeytsu really removes a lot of the stress from this aspect of game development, I can spend less time messing around with fiddling weighting and animation issues and more time creating the actual content and developing the game.
Trent

Re: Intel GPU support?

PostPosted by Julie- Nukeygara » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi again Alex ;-)

For us, it's effectively better on the forum (then on twitter where we have no choice to be concise and use just few characters) so we can go further in giving explanations on our development planning or other topics.

So, indeed we admit that working on a surface Pro could be appealing, specifically on a beach per example ;-) Although we also admit, as you said, that it is not a high priority of our development. In fact, it was not planned, but could be...

Would you get the GPUs support, we cannot commit to this. At some point, before the end of this year, we are planning to do an audit on our future developments, in order to ask our community what is the most important features for them. So adding the GPU's support in this audit could be a good idea to analyse if many of you think it would be worth to have it.

Beside this, thank you so much for your feedback. It's the highest reward for us, it's extremely rewarding when we hear and read how useful akeytsu is to speed up the rigging and animation process and really allow more time for your creativity. YEH!

Don't hesitate to spread this feeling please ;) :-)

Thanks again!

Julie
Julie- Nukeygara

Return to akeytsu - Feature requests