[SOLVED] Big Model Movement issue

Use this forum to consult/report akeytsu bugs

Moderator: fairy

[SOLVED] Big Model Movement issue

PostPosted by umut.ozkan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:20 pm

I imported a model from 3ds max and it shows quite big in akeytsu. That's OK I've read about the scale is relative and it'll be the same size when I exported it.

My issue is when I move bones it acts differently based on which bone I am moving. If I move root bone 1 m right I see visually that it moves 1 m to the right. But when I move pelvis (child of root) 1 m right it moves 100 m right. To get the pelvis to move 1 m to the right I need to type in 0.01 in that axis (I can't use mouse because it's impossible to move it that small by it).

I could have lived with typing the value in but field has decimal scale of 3 digits. It's impossible to make small adjustments. (If I put more numbers than scale allows it works every second try, and copy actions paste rounded value)

Is there a way to get the scales work with big models? Or working on small precisions?

Thank you.
umut.ozkan

Re: Big Model Movement issue

PostPosted by Cédric - nukeygara » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Hello,
Could you please send your fbx file to support@nukeygara.com ?
Thank you
Cédric - nukeygara
Site Admin

PostPosted by umut.ozkan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:24 pm

I've just sent it. Addition to what I have said earlier, I noticed that when I added an IK it's controls are quite bigger too (you can check the akt file)
umut.ozkan

PostPosted by Cassandra - Nukey » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Hello,

Your model measured 172meters high in 3ds max, is it normal ?

Regards
Cassandra
- Nukeygara -
Cassandra - Nukey

PostPosted by umut.ozkan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:22 pm

You are right about the size of the model. I don't know what's going on but somehow in max 1 unit was equal to 1 meter. I changed it to 1 unit = 1 cm then imported / exported the model with proper ratios. Now my model's size is 172 cm instead of meters.

That seems to have solved the issue with large moving bones.

But still when I create IK, the controls are gigantic.

Here is a screenshot. http://imgur.com/a/zkVKO

I also sent you the new fbx.
umut.ozkan

PostPosted by umut.ozkan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Hello again, I reworked that eyeleash I mentioned on my last mail and created a new mesh for it. Now it shows normally (previous one was under the feet when I imported to akeytsu strangely).

So the only outstanding issue is I get a huge IK controller circle when I create one.

I sent the fbx file to support email. You can replicate the issue by selecting thigh and foot and create an IK.

Thank you.
umut.ozkan

PostPosted by Cassandra - Nukey » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:18 am

Hello,

We found what happens with your mesh. There is a 100 scale units of X, Y and Z on your character, as you can see if you import your FBX in Maya.
It also explains joints fast moves when your character was huge (because his size was 10000 scale units).

To fix that, you can change those scale units to 1 (in your third party software) or change size factor to 0.080 in Akeytsu (in IK preferences)

If you have a question, do not hesitate to contact us again!

Regard,
Cassandra
- Nukeygara -
Cassandra - Nukey

PostPosted by umut.ozkan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi I set the size factor to 0.080 as you said in IK settings. Now it shows at normal size. But when I moved the IK control towords upper arm it doesn't rotate the elbow as I expected it would (like on the IK videos of akeboy). Here are some screenshots. (I wonder it's because of the scale units of X,Y and Z. I'll try to set it to 1 as you sugessted in max. Btw are we talking about the bones' scales or mesh's? I don't have maya but I'll try to find the property in max.)

You can replicate the issue by :

- create an IK with upperarm_R and hand_R
- From IK settings set the size factor to 0.08
- Move the IK control circle on the green axis towords upper arm.

http://imgur.com/a/k8b04

http://imgur.com/a/sP4zm
umut.ozkan

PostPosted by Cassandra - Nukey » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi,

Indeed the fact of changing IK's size factor does not change the fact that there are scales.
There are bad scales on your meshes(mb_human_female_body, mb_human_female_eyeleash and mb_human_female_inner_mouth) and on your bones(pelvis).

If you can change those scales, your problem must be fixed, but in any case, can you send us your FBX without scales ?

Regard,
Cassandra
- Nukeygara -
Cassandra - Nukey

PostPosted by umut.ozkan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:36 pm

Hi,

I spent a couple hours figuring out how to scale the mesh and bones without completely screwing up my rig. I finally managed to create an fbx file that has 100% scale on all bones and meshes.

I imported the fbx into akeytsu and still the IK control is gigantic and moving IK control is not making the arm move as expected (elbow is not rotated). I sent fbx file with corrected scales to support e-mail. ( I had sent the bad scaled one in my previous e-mail)

Here is the screenshot (the same as before)

Gigantic IK control http://imgur.com/a/Gib20
Set the IK size factor and moved IK towords arm (no elbow rotaton) http://imgur.com/a/i3Yp4
umut.ozkan

Next

Return to akeytsu - Bug reports