IK rings not visible when animating

Moderator: fairy

IK rings not visible when animating

PostPosted by Barliesque » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:18 pm

I can see the IK rings just fine while in rigging mode, but when I switch to animation mode they're no longer shown in the picker and not visible. How do I make them appear?
Barliesque

Re: IK rings not visible when animating

PostPosted by Aurélien - nukeygara » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi Barliesque,

In animation mode, if you create a new animation, you should have your IKs visible and ready to keyframe in your starting stacker ("All").
However if you already have animations in your anim bank before adding IKs, you have to "activate" your IKs in your stacker (layer) to make them keyframable.
In order to do this, please go in the Mixer, activate the "Hammer" icon to enter in Edit mode on the desired layer and activate your IKs in the Picker. (You can even choose in the Transform which channel to activate).

Thanks
Aurelien
Aurélien Charrier
-nukeygara-
Aurélien - nukeygara

PostPosted by Barliesque » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:05 pm

It sounds as if I'm running a different version, because I don't see any "Hammer" icon anywhere. I have Beta 3.5.0 Steam. The mixer only shows buttons: New, Duplicate, Merge, Extract, and Delete.
Barliesque

PostPosted by Aurélien - nukeygara » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:46 am

Hi Barliesque,

Maybe this can help: https://nukeygara.atlassian.net/wiki/display/AUG/Mixer+Window
I admit the hammer could be more visible during mouse hovering ;-)

Thanks
Aurelien
Aurélien Charrier
-nukeygara-
Aurélien - nukeygara

PostPosted by Barliesque » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Oh! Ha-ha... yes, it could definitely be a touch more visible -- I'm straining to see it even now that I know it's there! Same goes for the Picker -- selecting multiple items in the picker, the mouse-over on grey selected items allows the white hammer to be seen perfectly; but on the white selected item, the same problem exists.

...so, now that I've activated those IK's (a little late!) I've got some problems to deal with: the IK rings aren't moving along with the animation that was in place before activating them. Is there any way to automatically get them to match up with the animation, or do I have to fix things manually?

[EDIT]
...nevermind that last issue. At first I connected all limbs and IK to the existing layer and a new empty layer, causing some weirdness. Now I'm using the little hammers properly to just use the right limbs with the right layer and it's all looking great. Problem solved. Thank you!
Last edited by Barliesque on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barliesque

PostPosted by Aurélien - nukeygara » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:16 pm

Are you in a "multilayers" case with "different content" layers (for instance, a layer for one arm only, a layer for the other, etc.) ?
If yes, it can explain your issue. By the way, we are currently working on fine integration of IKs and multilayers. Problems will be solved.
For the moment, we recommend to work with the "All" layer and include your IKs inside.

Thanks
Aurelien
Aurélien Charrier
-nukeygara-
Aurélien - nukeygara

PostPosted by Barliesque » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:01 pm

...just saw your previous message right after posting that edit above...

The way I've now set up my two layers, there's only one layer influencing any given joint/IK -- so no actual mixing. Do you still suggest using all in one layer over this method for now?

[EDIT]
On second thought, I did start having other strange problems, so I've returned all joints/IK to a single layer which seems to work properly.
Barliesque

PostPosted by Aurélien - nukeygara » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:13 am

Hi Barliesque,

Yes, for the moment, the safest way is too keep all joints and IKs in a single layer.
However, if really want to use several layers and IKs, for the moment we recommend to duplicate (each time) your layer containing everything (all your joints and IKs).

Thanks
Aurelien
Aurélien Charrier
-nukeygara-
Aurélien - nukeygara

Return to akeytsu - Misc